"Don't let anyone put you down because you're young. Teach believers with your life: by word, by demeanor, by love, by faith, by integrity." 1 Timothy 4:12

Monday, September 7, 2009

21 Day Challenge- Day Nine

Wow! I can't believe it's Friday and we have past the one week mark in our 21 day challenge!! I hope these devotions have been a blessing to you! Here's something to think about today:

In my car, I have OnStar. Twenety-four hours a day, seven days a week, when I press a little blue button on the rear-view mirror of my car, the system calls the OnStar operator and I have immediate assistance. It's very comforting knowing if I get lost, the operator is right there to give me directions. If I lock my keys in the car, the operator can unlock my doors from the master system. Whether I have an emergency, or just need information, OnStar is there to assist me. Yes, the OnStar system is an amazing feature, but we have an even more amazing support system available to us!

**Read John 14:15-17**

Here it is in the New Living Translation:

15 “If you love me, obey my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. 17 He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you."

The Holy Spirit is not just an option in your Christian life- He comes as standard equipment with Christ. He is available to you twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. When you have an emergency or need direction in life, the Holy Spirit is there.

The Holy Spirit is also called our Counselor, Spirit of Truth, and Comforter, among other names. Whatever the problem or the need, God's Spirit is there to help you and guide you. Learn to call out to Him whenever and for whatever your need is.

The next time you get in a car and see the little blue OnStar button, remember that you have access to God's help at ALL times. The next time you need help, call on His name. The Holy Spirit is there to help. In your prayer, praise and listening time today, thank God for His Holy Spirit that leads us and guides us and never leaves us.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: