"Don't let anyone put you down because you're young. Teach believers with your life: by word, by demeanor, by love, by faith, by integrity." 1 Timothy 4:12

Monday, September 7, 2009

21 Day Challenge- Day Seven

I recently read this story and it really made me think about the people I come in contact with everyday, so I wanted to share it with you!

Two committed Christian graduate students were roommates living in a high-rise dorm. The two young men were praying together one night about how God might use them in ministry someday-somewhere- perhaps even missions. Their prayer time was interuppted by the sound of sirens and a commotion in the hallway. They were shocked to discover that the young man in the very next room had jumped out the window, committing suicide. He left a note stating: "I'm new here from out of state. I'm so alone. I don't know anyone, and no one has even taken the time to meet me. No one cares- what's the use of living?"

Perhaps their ministry was RIGHT NOW- RIGHT NEXT DOOR!

**Read Colossians 4:5**

In my New Living Translation, it says "Live wisely among those who are not Christians, and make the mostof every opportunity."

We are surrounded everyday by opportunities to be used by God. Don't be like these two students who ignored the need of someone right next to them, because they were so focused on "someday- somewhere". God wants to use you RIGHT HERE- RIGHT NOW.

Our quiet time and Bible study is very important and gives us a time to spend with God so He can speak to us and guide us. That time will prepare and strengthen us for helping those He will bring into our lives. Make the most of every opportunity God gives you today. Your opportunity may be closer than you think!

No comments: