"Don't let anyone put you down because you're young. Teach believers with your life: by word, by demeanor, by love, by faith, by integrity." 1 Timothy 4:12

Friday, September 11, 2009

21 Day Challenge- Day Ten

Wow! We are finally getting some much needed rain! I was standing outside lastnight and BOOM! out of nowhere- it starting raining like crazy! I had to run for cover! It made me think of this Scripture:

***Read Psalm 61:1-4***
"Hear my cry, O God; give heed to my prayer. From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a refuge for me, a tower of strength against the enemy. Let me dwell in Your tent forever; let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings."

When things are going crazy in our life and it seems like the "rain" is pouring down on us, it's so great to know that God is there. He shelters us from the storms in our life. When it feels like everything is pouring down on us, He is right there to lift us up and give us the strength we need to get through it. It gives me such peace to know that I can take refuge in Him.

So as God is blessing us with natural rain this weekend, be reminded that when the "storms" of our life surround us, and we feel bombarded or overwhelmed, we can run for cover too! God is right there waiting to provide the shelter and the strength we need to ride out the storm!

Have a blessed day!

No comments: